Walnut is a beautiful and versatile option if you are considering hardwood flooring for your Southport home. It comes in a range of rich brown hues and has a subtle, swirling grain that helps it to blend in to all kinds of décor. Plus, our Floor Coverings International Shallotte experts can help you determine if walnut hardwood is the right floor for you!
Benefits of Walnut Hardwood
- Stain is often unnecessary. The natural beautiful tones of walnut are so gorgeous that stain is usually not desired. A simple sealant will suffice.
- It will add value to your home. Once you have hardwood installed in your home, it becomes more desirable to future homebuyers.
- It is fairly simple to maintain. All you need to do is sweep and clean it periodically.
- Finally, there are numerous colors and species available. Choose from dark black walnut, American walnut, Asian walnut, Brazilian walnut, and more.
Drawbacks of Walnut Hardwood
Although the benefits of walnut hardwood flooring are noteworthy, there are certainly some drawbacks associated with this type of flooring:
- Walnut is a hardwood. This means it needs to be refinished eventually. Most of the time, this simply depends on how much foot traffic and activity your floors have to endure. Once they start to become damaged or worn down, they will need to be refinished.
- Walnut is not necessarily budget-friendly. The actual material can be pricey, and if you need any sub-flooring, this can be expensive as well.
If you are considering hardwood flooring for your home or business, walnut of any type can be an excellent choice and investment. If you have questions or would like to see walnut flooring samples for yourself, call Floor Coverings International Shallotte or visit our showroom today! We look forward to helping you find the perfect new floor for your Southport home.
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Elena Elisseeva