There’s no better feeling than seeing your dream home come to life. In the beginning, your space is like a blank canvas waiting to be designed with your personal style and taste. Adding an area rug is a great way to add a touch of flair to any room in your house. At Floor Coverings International Shallotte, we offer a variety of carpeting options, including area rugs. We recommend thinking about the following criteria when making your selections.
Figure Out Functionality
Area rugs work well in any room in your home and will bring new energy to the space. The process of selecting the right area rug will go a lot smoother if you know the intended purpose it will be used for. Are you looking to brighten up the living room? Are you looking to protect your hardwood floors in the dining room? Or are you looking to add more comfort and warmth to a bedroom?
Select the Right Size
Now that you’ve decided where you would like to place your area rugs, it’s time to determine the right size. The space should dictate how the area rug is placed, so here are some tips for sizing and placement according to the room:
- Living Room – Choosing a larger area rug for this gathering space is best. You may choose to find a large enough rug to place all of your furniture legs onto it or you may decide to go with a smaller rug where only thefront legs are on top of the rug.
- Dining Room – For round dining tables, you’ll want to choose a larger round rug. For square dining tables choose a square or rectangular shape. Make sure the size is big enough to place all of the legs of the dining chairs on the rug. This helps avoid unwanted scuffs or scratches on your hardwood floors.
- Kitchen – Placing a rug over your vinyl kitchen floors is always a nice touch. It’s best to place a smaller area rug in front of the sink. For longer spaces, a runner is always a great option, too.
- Bedroom – Add extra plush beneath your feet by placing a larger area rug underneath your bed. The rug can be sized so that it extends beyond the bed frame with the option to include coverage for any end tables or dressers.
Have Fun with Color and Texture
Last but not least, be sure to experiment with different rug textures and colors! Play around with mixing and matching until you find a combination you like best. Our experts can walk you through our wide array of carpeting colors, patterns, and textures.
Find Your Perfect Area Rug Today!
Work with us for your next area rug and flooring installation project in your St. James home. Contact us to schedule your free in-home consultation appointment. We proudly serve the Shallotte, Ocean Isle Beach, Southport & St. James areas.
You may also be interested in:
- How to Choose Carpet for Any Room in Your Home
- Best Carpets for Your St. James Home
- Carpet Qualities and Inspection Tips